CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ryan's 4-Wheelin' Cake

Brent's nephew, Ryan, wanted a 4-wheeling cake for his Birthday. So I did a sheet cake for the bottom, cutting the sides off to be rounded. Then I pretty much pieced together a bunch of hills and mountains out of a 9" round and two tiny rounds. Pretty interesting. This is what it looked like before I put the "trees" on, which it really needed! The dirt is a reddish color because Ryan wanted it to look like Indianola, where he goes 4-wheeling with Grandpa Wall.
I think the trees made it look lots better. The "rocks" are sugar babies, and the trail is crushed oreos.
Probably the fastest cake I have done, because I didn't care if the chocolate cake crumbs showed through the frosting - it just looked like dirt!

0 comments: