CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ryker's Tow Mater Cake

I made this Tow Mater cake for Ryker's 1st Birthday. I used a large sheet cake for the bottom and a 9x13 cake for the top. I frosted in buttercream and then used the air brush to decorate it. It was a lot of fun! Mater's teeth are marshmallows, and his eyes are gummy candy eyes I found a while back. Some of the details are made with tootsie rolls and black licorice. I was glad Mater was supposed to look old and rusty, because I had a hard time covering up the chocolate crumbs - they were everywhere! Overall, I really liked this cake. In the picture of Mater that I was looking at to do the cake, there is his sign in the background. So I made his sign and changed the words to say Happy Birthday. This was Ryker's personal cake to dig into, and boy did he!

0 comments: