CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Favorite Buttercream

I just realized I haven't posted my favorite Buttercream Recipe that I usually use! I got this from my sister, Kristen, and have loved how easy it is to spread and to make look smooth. I especially love how easy it is to make, and that it doesn't use Crisco! It is sooo yummy!

To Make:
2/3 cup Butter (11 Tbsp), softened - beat in your mixer until very smooth!
Add:
2 lbs Powdered Sugar (this is one 32 oz bag) - I add the whole amount, then I put a towel over the whole top of my kitchenaid and turn it on low. If you don't use a towel this will make a HUGE mess! Mix well.
Add:
2/3 cup Evaporated Milk (I don't ever use reg. milk!) Put the towel on again and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
Add:
1 tsp Pure Vanilla
1 pinch of Salt (you need it!)

Mix well until fluffy. If you mix too long, though, you will have air bubbles.
This will cover one sheet cake. I will usually do one recipe for a regular cut cake, and two recipes if I am mixing lots of colors and it is an especially large cake. If I have leftovers, I frost graham crackers for me and my kids - Yum!

0 comments: