CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Ashlee's Monkey Cake

This was a fun (but hard) cake to do! I cute the monkey out of a white & chocolate sheet cake. By the time I had finished it was thawed enough to make it really difficult to frost the hands and feet, so I ended up using a ton of frosting to cover up crumbs. And I am embarrased to admit that I used canned frosting! The chocolate tastes good, but the cream cheese was just plain gross! I mixed some cream cheese with chocolate to get the lighter brown & used it to pipe the outline. The flowers were the most fun - I cut up small and large marshmallows and dipped the sticky side in sprinkes to get fun colors! The leaves are made by rolling a green gumdrop flat and cutting it into a leaf shape. I used jelly beans for the lips and eyes, and a M&M for the nose.

0 comments: