CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hallie and Oaklie's Dora & Boots Cakes

Hallie wanted a Dora the Explorer cake for her birthday. I really don't like doing faces, but I think it turned out ok. I cut it from a chocolate sheet cake, and then decorated it with buttercream and chocolate frosting. The details are done with the chocolate frosting.
Since it was Oaklie's 1st Birthday, I made a Boots cake just for her.
They had lots of people coming to the party, so I made some extra cupcakes just in case, and everything was eaten! Good thing I brought these! They are cherry chip cupcakes with buttercream icing. The flowers are made by cutting large marshmallows with scissors (same direction as the flat ends of the mallows) and then pressing the sticky side into sprinkles. I just pour some out on a plate and press the mallow into the sprinkles, and then arrange them in a flower on the cupcake. The middles of the flowers are gumdrops.

0 comments: