Grandma and I made chocolates with some of the grandkids & they turned out so cute! We made some really cute chocolate dipped pretzels too, but I forgot to take pictures of them!
I have been wanting to blog all of the cookies and cakes that I have decorated for quite a while -- so now I finally am! My mom began our birthday cake tradition when we were little. She would let us choose any picture we wanted, then she would make our birthday cakes from our picture. I had awesome cakes, including Lemon Meringue Pie (from Strawberry Shortcake), Dot (from A Bug's Life), Buzz Lightyear, and many more! Now it is my turn to carry on the tradition for my kids! I am usually a perfectionist, but when it comes to decorating cakes, you will notice that my edges aren't a perfect square, and I don't bother cutting off the tops to make them flat. Maybe someday I will care, but I doubt it!
My friend, Karen, is a great inspiration when it comes to cookie and cake decorating! Take some time to check out her awesome cookie site, where you can buy anything you need for cookie decorating, and you can also see tons of cute ideas and tutorials for free!
0 comments:
Post a Comment