CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nathan's Dinosaur Cakes

 Nathan's Dinosaur Birthday Cakes - the T-Rex was made from 1 large sheetcake and a 9x13.  I cut and pieced and cut and pieced.  And cut and pieced some more.  And had problems with the cake melting too fast (I always freeze them so when I cut and frost them it will be easier).  The first hot day of the year???  Figures.  And the hubby turned off the AC without me knowing!  Oh Well.  I used a black gumdrop for his eye.  I used Little Debbie Devil's food cakes (those mini square ones that are so gross) because they were the perfect size to cut in half and use as his spikes up his back.  I melted purple dipping chocolate melties and viola!  Purple spines!
 This was Nathan's dig-in Steggie cake.  Turned out WAY too big!  Oh well - he enjoyed it!  I used flattened green gumdrops for his spots, orange gumdrops for his toe nails, and black for his eye.  Same dipped cakes for the spines.  Frosted both with buttercream.
 Had to post a picture of our cute little guy digging in!

1 comments:

Summersfam

So stinkin' cute Lindy! (As always!) I LOVE the stego cake. You do such a good job making them have cute expressions. And the Little Debbies was brilliant! Super cute!