CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Princess Lydia Birthday Cake

 
 
This was Lydia's 3rd Birthday cake.  She really wanted a princess, and since I don't do people cakes well, I found the most simple cartoon princess plate set possible!  And I still messed the face, but oh well.  I have realized that when I am working on the details, it is usually at the last minute - when my hubbie is waiting to leave and I am still trying to reach perfection (and usually over doing it!).  Then when I actually take a look at the cake closely, it is when I am taking pictures of it at the party.  I need to start taking a step back while I am still working on it and I can catch the mistakes when there is still time!  Poor little princess!

I made the princess out of 2 sheet cakes - chocolate and cherry chip.  I always use Betty Crocker cake mix because I am just too lazy to make it from scratch!  I frosted with buttercream and made her crown out of melted chocolate (I used a frosting back and outlined the shape then filled it in & let it harden before I put details on with buttercream).  Her star wand is one of the wands I made as favors for the kids.  It is cut out of rice krispie treats and dipped in chocolate with sprinkles!

2 comments:

Summersfam

Oh my gosh, Lindy! That is so cute!!!! I'm sure Lydia was thrilled with it! Great job!

Summersfam

... and what the heck is wrong with her face?? It's perfect!