CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Nathan's Croc Cake

So I learned my lesson on why I should take pictures of the cake BEFORE I MOVE IT (again). You would think I know that by now. Oh well. This poor little crocodile bit the dust and fell apart and melted in the process of going to the party. I had helped my friend make one similar (and much cuter) years ago - check it out on her blog. Anyway. The middle part is cake, as well as the bottom of the jaw. The tail and head/snout are made of rice krispy treats (which is why it melted, cracked and fell apart).

The eyes are cool gummy eyes that I found (and bought a TON of) when we were in Portland years ago (yeah, they are hard now and unedible :) The teeth are white tootsie rolls rolled out and cut to shape. The mouth is lined with red airheads, the tongue is a laffy taffy, and the spikes on the back are airheads & green tootsie rolls.

0 comments: